Tuesday, February 22, 2011

upcoming shows and music




Just returned from my European tour of Paris, Amsterdam and The Hague. I'm pretty jet lagged, but its giving me time to work on some new projects.

first, if you haven't, go to my bandcamp page and purchase The Underwear Classix Vol. 7.
its another collection of beats i've compiled and produced straight out of my MPC.

In honor of my favorite producer/dj, i am releasing yet another J Dilla tribute album titled MIV. (Dilla nerds figure it out). I hope to have it in your ears by the end of this week.

GIANT has been slated for an early spring release. My manager thought it would be best for it to be heard in a much warmer climate. i agree.


as far as shows are concerned, March and April are pretty busy.
This week i continue my stint with Kokayi as we play the Gibson Guitar Room a few feet from the Verizon Center. This will be in preparation for our SXSW performance in a few weeks.

On March 3rd, i am subbing for the infamous Daru Jones on a show with the incomparable Black Milk. The show is in St. Louis for the Mid West Red Bull event.

in between these events, Ill be playing a musical with the Howard University Players called "All Night Strut".
I try to keep my feet warm in all styles of music so my life has been pretty busy since the opening of 2011.

to cap off the Winter, Ill be going on tour with VA Music Adventures to Russia!

here are a few pictures from the European tour.
enjoy and buy some good music!

JLaine on itunes and Amazon.com
Jon Laine's Wikipedia page
Jon Laine's Twitter
Jon Laine's facebook fan page

No comments:

Post a Comment